- Assess what CHiPS education and active learning activities are offered in your public middle and high schools.
- Present resources, materials and activities to social studies teachers for classroom incorporation; speak to boards.
- Stay informed with our resources.
- Schools — Contact AAUW Eugene-Lane Branch for information on how we can help with teacher education, arrange to have members speak to classes, and sponsor girls who want to attend active learning programs.
- AAUW Branches — Contact AAUW Eugene- Lane Branch on how to adopt CHiPS as a mission-based program and receive related materials.
- Donors — Make checks to AAUW-OR Special Projects Fund, and write CHiPS on the memo line. Mail to: AAUW Eugene-Lane Finance VP Cindy Parker, 2084 W. 28th Ave., Eugene, OR 97405. Donations to sponsor school AAUWCHiPS activities are tax-deductible.
We’d love to hear from you so we can follow up on the opportunities described here and explore additional ways we can collaborate with you. Use our AAUW Eugene-Lane branch contact form to be in touch, or contact our CHiPS program coordinator Peggy Shippen directly at chips97405 [at] gmail [dot] com.
You’re also welcome to browse our Resource Library for ideas, inspiration and CHiPS education for students.